- Organization and business descriptions
Organization and Committees
Organization and business descriptions
- 26 July 1974: established as the Japan Association of Medical Equipment Industries (JAMEI)
- 27 July 2009: reorganised and incorporated as the Japan Association of Medical Devices Industries (Jamdi)
Key business issues
- Cooperation with Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare (MHLW) and Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI). Providing policy proposals and relevant information by collecting opinions and requests from the member organizations.
- Contribute to progression and revitalization of the medical device industries by close interaction with related organizations such as The Japan Association for the Advancement of Medical Equipment (JAAME) and The Japan Federation of Medical Devices Associations.
- Promotion of research and development of medical devices as well as providing training and education in usage management, maintenance, and services and repair.
- Promotion of risk management for medical accidents by organizing safety seminars and other activities in order to improve safety level of medical device usage.
- Promoting standardization through preparation of a draft entry of Japanese Industrial Standard (JIS), establishing alignment to the international standard, and establishing the quality assurance system.
- Organising seminars and workshops for members to contribute to improvement of members' endowments.
Member companies: 144
・Full members: 135 (including 4 NP organizations)
・Associate members: 9